copyright

Saturday, March 19, 2011

70's Vintage Toy

I love going to Thrift Stores for many reasons...
1. I love the hunt - it's so much fun to walk into a place that looks pretty hopeless at first glance but as you see beyond that you find those little treasures.
2. I love to save money whenever possible - when it comes to house decorating, toys, clothes, dishes, even gifts, I look first at the thrift store... you never know if you'll find what you need for pennys on the dollar!
3. I love the idea of re-using - one persons junk could possibly be my treasure... just because someone couldn't use an item and decides to donate it doesn't mean it's not good anymore! I could go on and on.

So, Thursday my 2 boys and I decided to stop by my favorite thrift store after a MOPS meeting. In my book it's a great store! They often have 50% off days and I've gotten many, many things there for very little money! And yesterday was one such day... we walked out having spent only $3.24 for two items... a clock for my bathroom and this...

1970's Fisher Price Fun Jet


My 3 year old picked it up and played so much with it at the store I knew that he would love to have it for home...


I was RIGHT! As soon as we got home I gave it a good washing and off he went outside to drag it around and "fly" it! He even took it to bed with him the first night! He LOVES his plane!!





I think .50 was worth all this happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment